If you’re going on a long drive these school holidays, it’s a good idea to make sure that your car is ready for the trip.
Here are a few things to check before your journey:
• Make sure you have enough fuel, oil and radiator coolant
• Clean your windows and make sure the wipers are operating correctly
• Make sure all of your tyres are inflated to the correct PSI and have enough tread
• Make sure your fuel and temperature gauges are working
• Check that your spare wheel is in good condition
• Check under your vehicle for leaks when parked for a long period of time
• Make sure all your lights and indicators are working
• If towing, make sure you know your vehicle's towing limits, check the chains, connections, sway bars, shackles, and lights and ensure that any doors are locked in place
• Check that you have the correct level of insurance cover
• Find your car's spare key and keep it with you in case you lose the one you're using
• Make sure your child fits the seat belt, if not, find the appropriate safety seat to position them properly
• Make sure you have essential tools stored in your car such as a wrench, jack, torch and jumper cables
Take the proper steps to get your vehicle ready for the long trip ahead. If you are finding issues with your car, don't hesitate to get a service. Vacations are supposed to be a time for fun and relaxation.